We unleash our findings across all areas of the REVALORISE+ project for the benefit of our wider European colleagues and stakeholders through these activities.
Training Videos for Research Support Professionals
How to understand SSH researcher profile and effectively exercise your support role
- Valorisation drivers, motivation & barriers
- Showcase examples / success stories
- Business & entrepreneurship VS. problem solving and impact
- Best Practices
- Impact indicators
This video gives an introduction on how research support staff can help researchers valorise their research. What drives them and what are the barriers?
A few takeaways: Showcase examples and success stories to make valorisation more present at your institution. However, avoid using words such as ‘business’ and ‘entrepreneurship’ when talking to SSH researchers but focus instead on ‘problem solving’ and ‘impact’.
Based on a data collection amongst valorisation experts across Europe the video offers useful insight on how to support SSH researchers in creating impact beyond academia. Below you can find a range of practical tools related to the content of the video.
Presentation: How to understand SSH researcher profile and effectively exercise your support role
UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
Creating impact canvas:
Impact planning toolkit:
SSH Valorisation Programme for Researchers basics
- Defining valorisation
- Common drivers & barriers for valorisation
- Valorisation process
- Valorisation activities
- Valorisation stakeholders
- Valorisation skills & knowledge needs
- REVALORISE Training Programme
Part 1 gives an overview of key valorisation definitions that help researchers differentiate valorisation from other similar terms. Video also defines and visually explains valorisation process with its stages, key valorisation stakeholders and valorisation activities. Besides graphic illustrations, video also provides several examples grasping out those concepts.
Part 2 provides categorization of common valorisation drivers and barriers that researchers might face at their organisations but also individually. Based on the qualitative and quantitative research results, video also helps researchers identify key skills and knowledge areas necessary for successfully conducting valorisation. Following this, video ends with an overview of REVALORISE Training Programme designed to cover existing skills and knowledge gaps among researcher and help them valorize their research.
Presentation: SSH Valorisation Programme for Researchers basics
Valorisation activities orientation – REVALORISE Synthesis Report p. 12 :
Connecting Drivers and Barriers to Valorisation Mechanisms – REVALORISE Synthesis Report p. 15:
HackTheResearch Valorisation Training Programme Tookit:
How to support resources mobilisation through external partnerships
- Resources mobilisation
- University – business cooperation (UBC) / external engagement / university industry partnerships
- Innovation ecosystem and asset mapping
- University Partnership Canvass
In this session, we shed light on the critical role of partnerships and external cooperation in fostering successful SSH valorisation. Follow the session and:
- Gain insights into the UBC ecosystem framework and delve into research findings that uncover the key factors influencing university-business cooperation.
- Learn how to effectively map your ecosystem, identifying valuable assets, unmet needs, and potential collaborations that can elevate the impact of your research. Uncover the importance of the Partnership Stairway model and how it can guide your strategic approach to partnership development, ensuring long-term success and sustainability.
- Discover how Partnership Canvas can help you analyze, define, and align the key elements of your partnerships, enabling effective collaboration and mutual benefits
Presentation: How to support resources mobilisation through external partnerships
State of UBC cooperation in Europe:
Example innovation ecosystem mapping methodologies:
Example university partnership canvas:
How to build SSH valorisation community
- Definition and examples of a community
- Importance and benefits of a community-based approach
- Social capital aspect of a community
- How to implement community-approach in practice
- Tips on how to get started
In this short video Crazy Town experts Mikko & Toni give a short introduction on community-based approach to SSH valorisation. What can be achieved by embracing some of methods of community building?
In this video, you’ll find useful information on
– What are communities (definition)?
– Why communities matter for SSH valorisation?
– How to implement community approach in practice?
i) Why does the community exist and who are the members
ii) Community Manager
iii) Member engagement and knowledge creation
iv) Rules and rituals
Presentation: How to build SSH valorisation community
Managing Knowledge in Organizations: A Nonaka’s SECI Model Operationalization
Why should universities care about a community-driven approach?
HEI partners are hosting seven national project presentations through events highlighting the project outputs, organising workshop sessions on SSH valorisation and presenting the resources for participants in each region.
Final International Event: How to Support Social Sciences & Humanities Valorisation
The REVALORISE+ final showcase event took place in Vienna on 21st September 2023. Hosted by the University of Vienna, it brought together university professional staff supporting valorisation and those willing to learn more about it as well as researchers and academics who are keen to valorise their work.